- Draft - Graphical representation of the weave structure. Used as a recipe to
recreate a project.
- Ends - Name for individual warp threads.
- Fell - This is the leading edge of the weaving where the last weft was passed.
- Pick - One pass of the weft through the warp.
- Shed - This is the space the weft is passed through between the warp threads.
In tablet weaving the shed is the space between two holes on the cards. With Loom weaving,
the shed is created by lifting different harnesses/shafts.
- Warp - These are the threads that run lengthwise when weaving.
- Weft - This is the thread passed back and forth between the warp to produce the fabric.